Blogger Templates

Thursday 10 May 2012

Briefing participants

When researching how to brief I found a very helpful checklist on the Pearson Education website.

Briefing checklist

I have written a brief using this checklist:

I shall say this to my participants before I undertake my observation.

Good morning, my name is Emma and I am a student at Middlesex University studying BA Hons in Professional Practice (Musical Theatre). I am currently looking into methods of learning in our industry and would like you to be open to the different ways I shall be teaching you today.

I shall teach you 4 lots of 3 counts of 8, each taught in a different way. My expectation of you is to embrace each way, even if you get completely lost! The aim is to find an optimum way of learning for you.

The session will last about an hour and 15.  Firstly I shall ask you to retake the questionnaire I sent you last week. Then we shall do a 15 minute warm up, then you will get 5 minutes to learn each routine and then I shall ask you to dance it in groups of 3. I shall also give you 15 minutes to cool down, to save injury. Can I ask if anyone has any injuries I should be aware of?

Don't worry, all of my findings will be kept confidential but if you do however wish to not have your data published in my study that is absolutely ok, just let me know. Likewise, if you feel uncomfortable today you are not obliged to do everything.

Cool, lets get started!



I have made sure I introduce myself and why I am doing my study. I have also stated what I expect of each individual and what I will do with my data. This falls inline with ethical guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment